Ingredients for Semolina Cake:
- 2 cups semolina
- 3 cups sour yogurt
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp soda bicarbonate
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 8 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
Directions for making Semolina Cake:
- Mix semolina with yogurt, add salt, soda bicarbonate and turmeric powder.
- When well-mixed, steam in pyrex dish or deep stainless steel plate for 30 minutes.
- To check if it is done, insert toothpick. It should come out clear.
- When cooked, cut into squares or diamond shapes.
- Sprinkle red chili powder on top.
- Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves and pour over semolina cake.
- Serve with mint-coconut chutney.
- Enjoy your Semolina Cake. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top