This is a sweet often served during India's Light Festival or Diwali festival.
Making time: 45 minutes.
Makes: 2 1/2 cups.
Ingredients for Shankarpala:
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1 1/2 cup maida (plain flour)
- ghee to deep fry
Directions for making Shankarpala:
- Warm the water, sugar and ghee together till sugar dissolves.
- Add maida and knead into a soft pliable dough.
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- Roll into chappatis 1/3" thick.
- Cut with a cookie cutter or knife into small diamond shapes.
- Lift with spatula and loosen. Keep aside on a dry cloth for 1 hour.
- Deep fry in hot ghee over slow flame till light golden brown.
- Drain well and keep aside till cool.
- Store in clean, dry containers.
- Enjoy your Shankarpala. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top