Shrikhand is an Indian dessert chiefly made in the Maharashtrian cuisine. In Gujarat, this dessert made of strained togurt is eaten as a side dish with breads. This popular traditional sweet Indian dish is a delicacy prepared during various Indian festivals throughout the year, on special occasions, for religious ceremonies and celebrations. Shrikhand is best served cold.
Ingredients for Shrikhand:
- 1/2 kg. curds
- 300 gms. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- few strands saffron
- 1/2 tbsp. pista & almond crushed
Directions for making Shrikhand:
- Tie curd in a clean muslin cloth overnight. (6-7 hours).
- Take into a bowl, add sugar and mix. Keep aside for 25-30 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve.
- Rub saffron into 1 tbsp. milk till well broken and dissolved. Keep aside.
- Beat well till sugar has fully dissolved into curd. Pass through a big holed strong strainer, pressing with hand or spatula.
- Mix in cardamom powder and dissolved saffron and half nuts.
- Empty into a glass serving bowl, top with remaining nut crush.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Enjoy your Shrikhand. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Badam ka seera, Besan Ladoo recipe , Coconut Burfi, Doodhi Halwa, Jalebi, Kaju Barfi, Kalakand recipe , Mango Kulfi, Mitha Khaja, Puran Poli, Rasagulla recipe , Ras Malai, Shrikhand, Sweet Pongal recipe , Indian Vermicelli Pudding
Go to Top