Ingredients for Veg Eggs Curry:
- 250 gm home-made cottage cheese (paneer)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1kg potatoes, boiled and mashed
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 small onions, grated
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups water
- Oil for frying
Directions for making Veg Eggs Curry:
- For the yolk, mix first two ingredients with salt to taste.
- Divide the mixture in small balls and keep aside.
- For egg whites, mix potatoes, chillies, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Divide potato mixture in egg sized balls.
- Flatten each ball on the palm of your hand and stuff with yellow veg yolk mixture.
- Work each piece to cover the stuffing and form an oval veg egg.
- Repeat process until potato and cheese mixture is used.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and deep fry veg eggs to golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- For curry, heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan.
- Sauté onions until pale brown, then add ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook for further 1 minute, then add tomato paste, yogurt, cheese and coconut.
- Continue cooking for minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in water, salt, garam masala, red chili powder and bring to boil for 5 minutes.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- To serve, cut eggs in two equal halves and place in a serving dish.
- Pour curry on top.
- Garnish with cherries, cream and coriander leaves.
- Enjoy your Veg Eggs Curry. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Hint: Do not mix eggs and curry until serving time.
Egg Manchurian recipe , Egg Pakora, Spicy Egg Omelette recipe , Egg Khima, Eggs in Coconut Milk
Go to Top