Ingredients for Mughlai Mutton:
- 2 large onion
- 3 green chilis
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 5 - 7 curry leaves
- 2 lbs. Mutton (goat meat)
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 2 cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. Poppy seeds
- 3 ripe whole chilis
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- salt to taste
Directions for making Mughlai Mutton:
- Make into a paste the first six ingredients in the above list by adding a little amount of water. Keep in separate place.
- Make into a powder cloves, coriander seeds, cardamom, turmeric, and poppy seeds and keep in separate place.
- In a large bowl, mix mutton pieces, salt, and the paste. Keep in separate place for 40 minutes and then in a pot, in sufficient amount of water, cook on medium heat until the meat becomes soft.
- Now in a wide skillet, heat oil and when oil is hot add chopped red chili, bay leaves, and the above meat. (Do Not add any remaining liquid from the marinade. This will be needed later).
- Fry on high heat for 10 minutes and then add the powdered spices.
- Fry for two more minutes on low heat and then add the remaining liquid from the marinade dish.
- Now cook on low heat for a few minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish lightly with fresh butter and serve hot!
- This dish goes very well with paratha or plain white rice and gives off the wonderfully fresh aroma of curry leaves.
- Enjoy your Mughlai Mutton. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Kill Molaka Mutton Curry recipe ,
Lamb Shanks in Curry,
Lamb with Onions,
Mughlai Mutton, Mutton Chilli Masala recipe , Mutton Curry, Mutton Curry recipe,
Mutton Gravy, Mutton Koftas, Mutton Pasanda recipe
Go to Top