Ingredients for Mutton Kolhapuri:
- 1 kg Mutton
- 2 large Onions
- 1/2 Coconut
- 1 cup Coriander leaves
- 6 Red chilies
- 4 large Potatoes
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 8 Cloves
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tsp Aniseeds
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 cup Oil to cook
- Salt To taste
Directions for making Mutton Kolhapuri:
- Clean and cube meat pieces and wash them.
- Add salt, turmeric and ginger-garlic paste to the meat pieces. Mix well and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil. To this add cloves, peppercorn, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, aniseeds and red chilies. Lightly fry.
- Now add the chopped onion and cook till it turns slightly brown.
- Grate coconut and chopped tomatoes.
- Add the coconut and tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes more, till it browns.
- Cool, grind to a paste and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker and add the meat and potatoes. Stir fry till brown.
- Add masala paste and salt.
- Add water if needed and pressure cook till meat is soft.
- Remove from the cooker into a serving pot.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Enjoy your Mutton Kolhapuri. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Kill Molaka Mutton Curry recipe ,
Lamb Shanks in Curry,
Lamb with Onions,
Mughlai Mutton, Mutton Chilli Masala recipe , Mutton Curry, Mutton Curry recipe,
Mutton Gravy, Mutton Koftas, Mutton Pasanda recipe
Go to Top