Ingredients for Carrot Pickle:
- 1 kg carrots
- 50 gm salt
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ cup mustard oil
- 10 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 5 black cardamoms, crushed
- 5 tsp aniseeds
- 5 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 tsp pepper corns
- 3 bay leaves, crushed
- 3 thumb-sized cinnamon sticks
Directions for making Carrot Pickle:
- Wash carrots. Slice off tops and cut vertically in 2 to 3 pieces. Slit each piece horizontally, twice at right angles.
- Coarsely pound mustard seeds, aniseeds and peppercorns.
- Break cinnamon sticks into bits.
- Mix salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, vinegar and ¼ cup mustard oil.
- Add pounded ingredients, cinnamon sticks, cardamoms and bay leaves to vinegar mixture.
- Transfer carrots to airtight jar.
- Pour the remaining mustard oil mixture and seal.
- Cover jar with black cloth to product from light until ready to eat. Takes 3 to 4 days.
- Shake the jar once or twice a day to mix the ingredients well.
- Enjoy your Carrot Pickle. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Chutney recipe , Date Chutney, Green Mango Chutney recipe , Indian Coconut Chutney, Mango Chutney, Puli Inji, Lemon Pickle recipe , Lime Pickle, Mango Pachadi
Go to Top