Coconut chutney is a popular chutney in South India served as a side dish for a lot of Indian snacks and breakfast items such as dosa, idli, pongal or bajji.
Ingredients for Coconut Chutney:
- 2 cups of fresh coconut, shredded
- 10 dry red chillies
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- A large pinch of hing (asoefetida)
- 1/2 tsp methi(fenugreek) seeds
- 2 tsp udad dhal
- 2 tsp channa dhal
- 1 small tomato
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Coconut Chutney:
- Heat some oil and add the dhals, curry leaves, hing, methi and red chillies. Fry till done.
- Add this to the coconut and tomato and blend into a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Goes well with dosas, idli and plain rice.
- Enjoy your Coconut Chutney. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Chutney recipe , Date Chutney, Green Mango Chutney recipe , Indian Coconut Chutney, Mango Chutney, Puli Inji, Lemon Pickle recipe , Lime Pickle, Mango Pachadi
Go to Top