Lime Pickle is made in households across the Indian sub-continent, a delicious accompaniment to any Indian meal to boost the appetite.
Ingredients for Lime Pickle:
- Fresh lime (large size, thin skin, ripe) - 6
- 4 spoons salt
- 2 spoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 spoon asafoetida
- 1/4 cup of sesame oil
- mustard seeds
- 4 spoons of oil
- fenugreek seeds
Directions for making Lime Pickle:
- Cut fresh limes into medium pieces. (Preseve the juice while cutting).
- Add salt, red chilli powder, asafoetida and mix well.
- Next day add sesame oil and leave it aside.
- Next day, add mustard seeds to oil and when it splatters add fenugreek seeds and asafoetida.
- Add this to the pickle and mix.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Enjoy your Lime Pickle. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Chutney recipe , Date Chutney, Green Mango Chutney recipe , Indian Coconut Chutney, Mango Chutney, Puli Inji, Lemon Pickle recipe , Lime Pickle, Mango Pachadi
Go to Top