Mango Chutney is sweet and pleasantly hot and is an extremely versatile hot accompaniment to curries or any Indian meal.
Ingredients for Mango Chutney:
- 1 kg mangoes, peeled and cut in pieces lengthwise
- 1 ¼ kg sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3-4 bay leaves, crushed
- 8-10 black cardamoms, crushed
- 2 thumb-sized cinnamon sticks, broken to bits
- 1 tsp cloves, ground
- 4 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp salt
Directions for making Mango Chutney:
- Mix all ingredients in a large saucepan or heavy bottomed pan and cook on low heat until mixture is thick, stirring constantly.
- Cool and seal in airtight glass jars.
- Enjoy your Mango Chutney. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Variations: For mango Muraba: Cook mangoes and sugar with 4-5 crushed cardamoms until mixture is thick. Black cardamoms impart brownish color and nice flavor to muraba.
Coconut Chutney recipe , Date Chutney, Green Mango Chutney recipe , Indian Coconut Chutney, Mango Chutney, Puli Inji, Lemon Pickle recipe , Lime Pickle, Mango Pachadi
Go to Top