Making time: 1 hour
Shelf life: 1 month
Makes 1.5 kgs. chutney.
Ingredients for Pear and Mango Chutney:
- 250 gms. raw firm mango
- 250 gms. pears.
- 500 gms. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tbsp. marshmelon (kharbooja) seeds.
- 1 tbsp. raisins.
- 2 cloves powdered
- 8 each almonds and cashews chopped finely.
Directions for making Pear and Mango Chutney:
- Peel and mash and pear.
- Put 1 tbsp. sugar in a heavy saucepan.
- Heat on a low flame, stirring and cooking till it turns brown.
- Add 500 ml. water and boil.
- When the sugar has fully dissolved in the water add remaining sugar.
- When it begins to boil again add the mashed fruit, cashew, raisins, seeds, chilli and salt.
- Boil till a thick jam consistency is obtained. Stir occasionally.
- Add the clove powder and garam masala.
- Cool a bit and transfer to clean airtight jar.
- Enjoy your Pear and Mango Chutney. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Chutney recipe , Date Chutney, Green Mango Chutney recipe , Indian Coconut Chutney, Mango Chutney, Puli Inji, Lemon Pickle recipe , Lime Pickle, Mango Pachadi
Go to Top