Sweet mango chutney, primarily a North Indian delicacy is an absolute pleasure to be eaten with many things - sandwiches, snacks and main meal, cold meats, salads, cheese, chicken... It is popular in Indian restaurants.
Ingredients for Sweet Mango Chutney:
- 3 large mangoes, peeled and cut into chunks (Use slightly ripened ones)
- 2 tsp sugar or jaggery
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 5 large dates, pitted
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, roasted
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp cooking oil
Directions for making Sweet Mango Chutney:
- Peel the mango and cut it into small chunks.
- Heat about 2 tsp oil in a pan and fry the chunks till they turn mushy.
- Drain, mash well and set aside to cool.
- Blend together the rest of the ingredients with the mango without adding any water, to a smooth paste.
- Adjust salt if needed.
- Remove from blender and store in an airtight container.
- This chutney keeps well for over a week when properly stored in the fridge.
- Enjoy your Sweet Mango Chutney. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Chutney recipe , Date Chutney, Green Mango Chutney recipe , Indian Coconut Chutney, Mango Chutney, Puli Inji, Lemon Pickle recipe , Lime Pickle, Mango Pachadi
Go to Top