Ingredients for Tomato Relish:
- 500 gm ripe red tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ up raisins for garnish
- ¼ cup cashew nuts for garnish
Directions for making Tomato Relish:
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Sauté until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and sugar. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, over very low heat for 20 minutes of until tomatoes are reduced to a paste.
- Add raisins and cashew nuts and continue heating on tiny flame for 10 minutes.
- Seal in glass jars.
- Enjoy your Tomato Relish. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Chutney recipe , Date Chutney, Green Mango Chutney recipe , Indian Coconut Chutney, Mango Chutney, Puli Inji, Lemon Pickle recipe , Lime Pickle, Mango Pachadi
Go to Top