Ingredients for Nariyal Bhath:
- 2 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- 10 curry leaves
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 6 cardamom pods, bruised
- 6 whole cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup fried cashew nuts
Directions for making Nariyal Bhath:
- Wash rice and drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy saucepan and fry the onions, curry leaves and whole spices, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden.
- Add the turmeric and the rice and fry, stirring, until the rice is coated with the ghee, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and salt, stir and bring to the boil, then cover with a well-fitting lid, turn heat very low and cook for 25 minutes or until the coconut milk is absorbed.
- Serve the rice hot, garnished with fried cashews and accompanied by curries and sambals.
- Enjoy your Nariyal Bhath. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
This recipe was contributed by content editors at ifood.tv.
Broccoli and Carrot Pulau, Green Prawn Pulao recipe , Lemon Rice, Saffron Rice recipe , Vegetable Pulao, Puliyogare, Exotic Chicken Biryani recipe
Go to Top