Ingredients for Phair Sadam:
- 2 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 21/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee or oil
- 1 teaspoon black cummin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon, urad dhal
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida, optional
- 3 fresh red or green chillies, seeded and sliced
- 3 cups yoghurt
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Phair Sadam:
- Put well washed and drained rice into a saucepan with the water and salt.
- Bring quickly to the boil, then cover tightly, turn heat very low and cook for 20 minutes without lifting lid.
- In another pan heat the ghee and fry the black cummin, mustard, dhal, asafoetida (if used) and chillies until the mustard seeds pop and the dhal is golden brown.
- Remove from heat, stir into the yoghurt and add a little salt to taste.
- Mix thoroughly with the cooked rice.
- Enjoy your Phair Sadam. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
This recipe was contributed by content editors at ifood.tv.
Broccoli and Carrot Pulau, Green Prawn Pulao recipe , Lemon Rice, Saffron Rice recipe , Vegetable Pulao, Puliyogare, Exotic Chicken Biryani recipe
Go to Top