Preparation time: ½ hour
Cooking time: ½ hour
Ingredients for Indian Chappatis:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, sieved
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
Directions for making Indian Chappatis:
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Add water, knead into a smooth and elastic dough. Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the dough on a floured board. Divide into 8 portions, roll out each into a thin round, the size of a snack plate.
- Heat a tawa (griddle). Place one round on the griddle. Cook until tiny spots appear on one side, flip over and cook the other side for a few seconds. Flip over again and roast till it is of pale golden color on both sides.
- Brush lightly with butter and serve hot as an accompaniment to any curry dish.
- Enjoy your Indian Chappatis. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Parantha, Pudina Paratha recipe ,
Red Beet Paratha, Spicy Roti recipe , Tandoori Roti, Baked Bread Rolls,
Beetroot Parathas recipe ,
Indian Naan Recipe
Go to Top