Naan is the most popular bread served in Indian restaurants. Naan is a round, soft and fluffy flatbread made of plain flour and is a vital part of a curry feast.
Ingredients for Naan:
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 tsp dry yeast in 2 tsp lukewarm water and 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tbsp plain yogurt
- ½ cup butter
Directions for making Naan:
- Sift flour, soda bicarbonate and baking powder.
- Add butter and salt. Mix well.
- Add yogurt, milk and yeast mixture and knead well to a smooth dough.
- Cover and leave for 4 hours until dough double in size.
- Take a lime size bal of dough each time and roll a little on a floured surface.
- Flatten the rolled ball using both hands and pull the dough, by transferring from one hand to another to form the typical shape of naan.
- Heat griddle or a heavy bottomed frying pan, which has been greased.
- Transfer the naan directly over reduced gas flame to cook on the other side.
- Cook until slightly brown.
- Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Serve hot sprinkled with parsley.
- Enjoy your Naan. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Parantha, Pudina Paratha recipe ,
Red Beet Paratha, Spicy Roti recipe , Tandoori Roti, Baked Bread Rolls,
Beetroot Parathas recipe ,
Indian Naan Recipe
Go to Top