Lachha Paratha is Layered Indian Bread that is delicious and great as an accompaniment to any kind of curries.
Preparation time: 1 ½ hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Lachha Paratha:
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp fennel
- Salt to taste
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- ¾ cup clarified butter (ghee)
- Clarified butter to shallow fry
Directions for making Lachha Paratha:
- Pound fennel with a pestle.
- Sieve flour and salt together. Make a well in the flour and pour in milk and water. Mix gradually and knead into a dough. Cover with moist cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Melt 1/3 of the clarified butter, add to the dough, kneading constantly to make it soft and smooth.
- Add pounded fennel and knead again for 5 minutes.
- Divide into 12 equal balls, dust lightly, roll into 6 inch discs. Apply 1 tsp clarified butter evenly over one side.
- Make a radial cut and fold disc into a narrow conical shape. Place flat side of the cone on palm and twist palms together in a round movement to compress dough into a thick flat round (pedha). Dust with flour, roll it out into an 8 inch disc. Refrigerate for an hour on butter paper.
- Heat griddle and shallow fry both sides over low heat till golden. Serve hot, as an accompaniment to any dish.
- Enjoy your Lachha Paratha. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Parantha, Pudina Paratha recipe ,
Red Beet Paratha, Spicy Roti recipe , Tandoori Roti, Baked Bread Rolls,
Beetroot Parathas recipe ,
Indian Naan Recipe
Go to Top