Masala poori is a variation of poori that's spicy and tasty. Spices are added in the flour which gives the poori a unique flavor and taste. Masala Pooris can be eaten plain with Indian Chai or even with a Paneer or Potato Sabzi
Cooking time: ½ hour
Ingredients for Masala Poori:
- 2 cups flour, sieved
- ½ tsp salt
- A pinch cayenne pepper or paprika
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 2/3 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tbsp oil or butter, melted
- ¾ cup water, warm
- Oil for frying
Directions for making Masala Poori:
- Mix the flour, salt, cayenne pepper, turmeric, coriander and cumin. Add oil/butter and rub it in till it is thoroughly incorporated. Add water, knead into a medium soft dough.
- Lightly oil your palms and knead until the dough is silky smooth and pliable. Shape into a smooth ball. Brush with oil and keep aside for 3 hours.
- Knead again briefly, divide into 16 equal portions and shape into balls.
- Compress each into a 2” patty. Dip one end of the patty in oil and roll out into a 5” round, place on a flat surface. Similarly, roll out the other portions.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok. Carefully slip one round into the hot oil. Fry until it puffs up and is golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot as an accompaniment to any curry dish.
- Enjoy your Masala Poori. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Parantha, Pudina Paratha recipe ,
Red Beet Paratha, Spicy Roti recipe , Tandoori Roti, Baked Bread Rolls,
Beetroot Parathas recipe ,
Indian Naan Recipe
Go to Top