Naan is the most popular bread served in Indian restaurants. Naan is a round, soft and fluffy flatbread made of plain flour and is a vital part of a curry feast.
Ingredients for Naan:
- 3 cups self-raising flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup curds fresh
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (soda - bicarb)
- warm milk for kneading
Directions for making Naan:
- Sieve together dry ingredients into a large rimmed plate.
- Add butter curds, oil and crumble with fingers. When does is like course crumbs, add milk a little at a time, till a soft pliable dough is formed. Cover with wet muslin cloth.
- Cover with another plate and keep aside for 5 - 6 hours.
- Knead dough lightly. Break of piece, the size of a medium potato and roll into a thick triangle, using dry dough if required.
- Place on a pre-warmed griddle (tawa). Apply water on the top part with hands.
- Invert naan and stick to griddle.
- Invert griddle and roast over the gas flame direct (or nothing like toasting over barbeque coals).
- Serve hot with a blob of butter on it.
- Enjoy your Naan. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Parantha, Pudina Paratha recipe ,
Red Beet Paratha, Spicy Roti recipe , Tandoori Roti, Baked Bread Rolls,
Beetroot Parathas recipe ,
Indian Naan Recipe
Go to Top