Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Parantha:
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup clarified butter (ghee), melted
- 1 ¼ cups water
Directions for making Parantha:
- Sieve the flour and salt in a bowl, incorporate clarified butter (2 tbsp), add water gradually and knead to a smooth dough.
- Divide into 5 equal portions and shape into balls. Dust with flour, cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Flatten each ball of dough and roll out. Brush with clarified butter and fold over. Brush the folded surface with clarified butter and fold over again to form a triangle. Roll out the triangle with a rolling pin.
- Heat a tawa (griddle) and brush the surface with clarified butter. Place the parantha on the tawa and cook for a few minutes. Coat with a little clarified butter, turn over and similarly cook on the other side. Both sides of the parantha should be crisp and delicately browned.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Enjoy your Parantha. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Parantha, Pudina Paratha recipe ,
Red Beet Paratha, Spicy Roti recipe , Tandoori Roti, Baked Bread Rolls,
Beetroot Parathas recipe ,
Indian Naan Recipe
Go to Top