Tandoori roti is a staple bread consumed in India. The tandoori roti is served piping hot and a delight to tear into small pieces and wrap around a piece chicken tikka or a tandoori prawn.
Ingredients for Tandoori Roti (without Tandoor):
- 2 cups slightly coarse wheat flour
- 1/4 cups maida
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp curd
- salt to taste.
Directions for making Tandoori Roti (without Tandoor):
- Knead slightly stiff dough cover and keep for 2 hours.
- Take naan sized dough and make a ball.
- Roll to a thickish roti (4-5 mm thick).
- Heat griddle (tawa) place on tawa and dry one side.
- Wet upper side with water and invert.
- Invert griddle and roast over gas flame (or if available a barbeque coalfire). It will fall off when done.
- Serve hot with desired vegetables.
- Enjoy your Tandoori Roti (without Tandoor). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Parantha, Pudina Paratha recipe ,
Red Beet Paratha, Spicy Roti recipe , Tandoori Roti, Baked Bread Rolls,
Beetroot Parathas recipe ,
Indian Naan Recipe
Go to Top