This is a South Indian dish.
Ingredients for Coconut Prawn Gravy:
- 750 gms Prawns
- 1 large Onions, ground to a paste
- 2 medium Onions, sliced finely
- 2 tbsp Chilli paste
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 cup thick Coconut Milk
- 1 cup thin (milk can be extracted from one large coconut, or tinned coconut milk may also be used)
- 2 to 5 Green Cardamom
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Directions for making Coconut Prawn Gravy:
- Wash and dry the prawns in a kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok (kadai). Add bay leaves and green cardamom and fry for a few minutes.
- Add sliced onions and fry till golden brown. Then add the ground onion paste and the chillie paste.
- Fry for several minutes adding little water, as necessary, to prevent the masala from burning.
- Add the prawns. Stir thoroughly and then add the thin coconut milk.
- Keep simmering in high heat till the gravy reduces to a half. Add salt to taste.
- Finally add thick coconut milk and simmer in medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Enjoy your Coconut Prawn Gravy. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Prawn Gravy,
Indian Crab Curry recipe , Masala Lobster, Prawn Kabab, Prawn Malaikari, Prawn Masala recipe , Shrimp Curry, Indian Tandoor Shrimp recipe
Go to Top