Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Pomegranate Prawns:
- 8 prawns, (jumbo)
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp yellow chilli powder
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup pickled onions, chopped
- 2 tsp green coriander
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped fine
- ½ tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup peas, fresh
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 ¼ cup pomegranate seeds, fresh
Directions for making Pomegranate Prawns:
- Remove the heads from the prawns, slit, devein and pat dry.
- Mix malt vinegar, salt, yellow chilli powder, ginger and garlic pastes, marinate prawns in it for half an hour.
Place each marinated prawn on a separate 10 inch square piece of greased aluminum foil.
- Boil, drain and crush peas with a rolling pin.
- Mix together cheese, onion, coriander, ginger, cumin, lemon juice, peas, white pepper powder, tomato ketchup and pomegranate seeds. Top each prawn with this mixture.
- Grate some more cheese on each and wrap up the foil.
- Place the wrapped parcels in a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot, as a snack, accompanied by Mint Chutney or as part of the main meal.
- Enjoy your Pomegranate Prawns. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Prawn Gravy,
Indian Crab Curry recipe , Masala Lobster, Prawn Kabab, Prawn Malaikari, Prawn Masala recipe , Shrimp Curry, Indian Tandoor Shrimp recipe
Go to Top