Ingredients for Prawn Malaikari:
- 1 lbs Prawn / Shrimp
- 1 cup Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 4 Slitted Green Chili
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Bay Leaf
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Whole Cardamom
- 1/2" Cinnamon
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 50 gms Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Prawn Malaikari:
- Wash and devein in the prawns.
- Rub some turmeric powder and add salt and turmeric on the prawns and keep aside.
- Chop the onions. Crush cardamom, cinnamon and cloves in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil and fry onions to a light brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger paste, bay leaf, red chilli powder and fry for about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add the prawns and fry along with the spices for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk, sugar, salt and the ground spices (cardamom, cinnamon and cloves).
- Cover the vessel and simmer in medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add green chillies. Close the cover for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Enjoy your Prawn Malaikari. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Prawn Gravy,
Indian Crab Curry recipe , Masala Lobster, Prawn Kabab, Prawn Malaikari, Prawn Masala recipe , Shrimp Curry, Indian Tandoor Shrimp recipe
Go to Top