Ingredients for Tandoor Shrimp:
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cayenne
- salt to taste
Dressing may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
Bring dressing to room temperature before using.
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps ground coriander seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- a 1 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 2 fresh Serrano or jalapeno chilies, seeded and chopped.
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 pounds medium shrimp (about 50), shelled and diveined
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 6 cups packed tender watercress sprigs, washed well and spun dry
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into julienne strips
- 2 firm-ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into julienne strips
Directions for making Tandoor Shrimp:
- In a large non-stick skillet dry-roast paprika, cumin, and coriander seeds over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and several shades darker, about two minutes, be careful not to burn them, and transfer to a bowl.
- Cool spices and stir in remaining marinade ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat shrimp dry and add to marinade, stirring to coat well.
- Marinate shrimp at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, shrimp may be marinated, covered and chilled up to 1 day.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté shrimp in batches, turning once, until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp as sautéed with tongs to paper towels to drain and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl gently toss together shrimp, watercress, coriander sprigs, bell peppers, mangoes, and dressing.
- Enjoy your Tandoor Shrimp. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Coconut Prawn Gravy,
Indian Crab Curry recipe , Masala Lobster, Prawn Kabab, Prawn Malaikari, Prawn Masala recipe , Shrimp Curry, Indian Tandoor Shrimp recipe
Go to Top