Preparation time: 30–40 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Ingredients for Batter Coated Stuffed Tomatoes:
- 340 – 455 gm tomatoes
- 3/5 cup cottage cheese (paneer)
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- ¼ tsp asafetida powder
- 2 tbsp green coriander, chopped
- Oil for frying
For the batter:
- 4 tbsp gramflour, sifted
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup water, cold
Directions for making Batter Coated Stuffed Tomatoes:
- Slice stems off the tomatoes, hollow out centres, drain upside down on a paper towel.
- Knead cottage cheese and spices together. Fill each tomato cup with the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients for the batter, adding water slowly. Whisk until batter is smooth and thick enough to seal in the filling and to evenly coat the tomatoes.
- Dip each filled tomato in batter, coating evenly. Deep fry until golden brown on all sides. Remove, drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- Enjoy your Batter Coated Stuffed Tomatoes. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top