Preparation time: 55 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Bedvi:
- 1 cup semolina
- ½ cup flour, sieved
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup lentils, washed
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp green chillies, chopped
- A pinch of onion seeds
- A pinch of asafetida powder
- A pinch of garam masala
- ½ tsp vegetable soda
- 4 tsp oil, + for frying
Directions for making Bedvi:
- Pick, wash and soak the lentils in water for 45 minutes.
- Mix the flour, salt and semolina together. Add water and make a medium strong dough. Roughly flatten the dough with wet finger tips and divide into 16 equal parts.
- For the filling, grind the drained lentils, ginger and green chillies to a paste. Add onion seeds, asafetida, garam masala an soda powder. Divide into 16 equal parts.
- Flatten one part of dough and palce one part of the filling in it. Shape into a ball.
- Roll out each ball to a diameter of 5cm, using oil to avoid from sticking.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown. Drain excess oil and serve hot.
- Enjoy your Bedvi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top