Bhel (Curried Puffed Rice) is a hard-to-resist street food fare and a delicacy loved by everyone.
Making time: 15 minutes (excl chutney making time)
makes: 3 servings
Ingredients for Bhel:
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 small boiled p eeled potato
- 1/2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fine sev
- 1/4 cup parboiled moong sprouts -- optional
- 1 tsp roasted peanuts -- optional
- 1 tsp hot green chutney
- 1 1/2 tsp tamarind chutney
- salt to taste
- 1/4 lime juice
- 10-12 puries (used for bhel or panipuri optional) crushed
Directions for making Bhel:
- Just before serving. In a large mixing bowl, add puffed rice, and all ingredients except 1/4 the coriander and sev. Mix well.
- Sprinkle a few drops water if too dry. Adjust taste and salt.
- Spoon into individual bowls. Sprinkle some sev and coriander to garnish.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy your Bhel. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top