Bonda is a typical South Indian snack.
Ingredients for Bonda with Mashed Potato:
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 cups Potato buds
- 1 1/2 cup Peas and carrots
- 2 big ones Green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 cup Gram flour
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seed
- pinch Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4" piece Ginger
- 1 small bunch Coriander leaves
- 2 tsp Salt
Directions for making Bonda with Mashed Potato:
The filling is prepared as follows:
- Mix potato buds and 1/2 teaspoon of salt with 1 cup of hot water.
- Finely chop ginger, chilies, coriander leaves, and onion.
- Heat oil (about 5 Tbsp) and add mustard seeds.
- Add chopped ingredients and fry until onions are brown.
- Add carrots, peas, turmeric and 1 tsp of salt and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add potato (now mashed) and fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and let cool.
The batter is prepared as follows:
- Combine gram flour, 3 Tbsp of oil, 3/4 cup water, 1/2 tsp salt, the baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- After the batter is prepared, make small balls out of the filling and roll them in the batter.
- Fry it in hot oil. You will get about 20-30 small bondas.
- Enjoy your Bonda with Mashed Potato. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top