Curd Vadai is like a donut, but heavier, that floats in curd that is sweet but snappy hot at the same time. Curd Vadai is a popular South Indian snack.
Ingredients for Curd Vadai:
- 4 Slices of bread
- 1 cup of channa dal
- 1 spoon chilli powder
- 1/4 spoon corriander powder
- salt to taste.
- Oil for frying.
Directions for making Curd Vadai:
- Grind some grated coconut and green chillies into a thick paste. Add this to thick curd and keep it aside.
- Rinse the required amount of urud dal (black gram) for about 1 1/2 hours. Grind into a thick paste.
- Add salt, coconut pieces, black whole peppers, and asafoetida.
- Take a small piece of plantain leaf or plastic sheet of paper and tap the flour on the sheet into a round flat shape. Make a small hole in the middle so that it gets fried uniformly.
- Drop this carefuly into boiling oil and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Put the vadai immediately in a vessel of water and after about 2 minutes add it to the curd mixtue.
- Add fresh coriander leaves, boondi. Splatter with mustard and asafoetida.
- Enjoy your Curd Vadai. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top