Dahi Vada is a popular North Indian fast food prepared by soaking vadas in thick yogurt (dahi). Dahi Vada is a delicious snack, popular in North India and made all over India and is ever-present in all Indian restaurants.
Ingredients for Dahi Vada (Savory Balls In Yogurt):
- 1/2 c Urad dal
- 1/2 Moong dal
- 1 c Yogurt
- Spice to taste (cumin and paprika)
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 c Milk
Directions for making Dahi Vada (Savory Balls In Yogurt):
- Clean dal, wash and soak in water for 4 hours.
- Blend in blender at medium speed using the minimum amount of water required to keep paste
- Add salt and start heating oil.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter in the hot oil using a large tablespoon. Fry until golden brown.
- Drop in water. Let it soak till ready to serve.
- Beat yogurt with milk. Add spice according to taste.
- Squeeze out water from the vada and add yogurt. Serve.
- Enjoy your Dahi Vada (Savory Balls In Yogurt). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top