Ingredients for Frankee:
250 gm plain flour
2 slices bread
2 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Enough water to make dough
- 500 gm potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup peas, boiled and crushed
- 3-4 green chillies
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Frankee:
- Soak bread slices in water for 2 minutes.
- Place soaked bread slices between two towels, squeeze out water and crumble in a bowl.
- Sift flour in the bread bowl.
- Add salt and oil.
- Knead the flour mixture with lukewarm water to make dough.
- Cover with cheesecloth and set aside for an hour.
- Mix all ingredients for stuffing.
- Shape the mixture in the form of kebabs or cutlets.
- Divide dough into equal ball-sized portions.
- Roll each portion on a floured surface into circles of 12 cm diameter and ½ cm thick.
- Deep fry all circles, one at a time, with just one side immerse in oil.
- Remove circles with slotted spoon.
- Bake circles on a hot plate or griddle, on a very low flame.
- Spread tomato sauce and place cutlet in the centre and garnish.
- Roll the circles to enclose filling. Serve hot.
- Enjoy your Frankee. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top