- 450 gm rice
- 225 gm urad dal (lentils)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp fenugreek
Directions for making Rice Dumpling with Soup (Idli Sambar):
- Clean, wash and soak rice for about 30 minutes. Drain and dry on towel.
- Grind coarsely in a grinder.
- Soak lentils for an hour and grind with fenugreek until it’s light and frothy.
- Mix the two pastes.
- Add little water, cover with cheesecloth and keep it overnight.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Ladle 3-4 tbsp of mixture in each depression of idli steaming equipment.
- Pour 1 cup of water in steamer, place stand with mixture, cover and steam for 6-7 minutes.
- Idli or rice-lentil dumplings can be served with mint coconut chutney or sambar.
- Enjoy your Rice Dumpling with Soup (Idli Sambar). Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Variation: Rice and lentil batter can be used to make pancakes. Ladle 3-4 tbsp of batter on non-sticking pan, spread with back of spoon and bake for 3-4 minutes on low heat. Stuff pancake while on pan with Bombay potatoes and roll to enclose the filling. Remove from heat and serve with lentil soup.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top