This is a popular South Indian snack.
Ingredients for Masala Vada:
- 1 cup Split Bengal Gram (channa dal)
- 1/4 cup Split Green Gram (moong dal)
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder (dhaniya powder)
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Chopped Green Chili
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
Directions for making Masala Vada:
- Mix the two dals and soak for 1.5 hours.
- Drain water from the soaked soal. Add salt to taste and put it in a mixture and grind into a semi-soft paste(do not make too soft; do not add any water).
- Crush cinnamon stick and cloves into powder and add to the paste.
- Add coriander seeds powder, nutmeg powder, onion, garlic, ginger and green chili. Mix well.
- Make this dough into small balls (roughly half the size of a golf ball) and keep aside.
- In a deep skillet warm oil and deep fry the balls on low heat until brown.
- Enjoy your Masala Vada. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top