Masala vada is one of the standard evening snack of South Indian community.
Making time: 20 minutes (excluding soaking time)
Makes: 15 vadas (approx.)
Ingredients for Masala Vada:
- 1 cup yellow gram (chana) dak
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill leaves finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- oil to deep fry
Directions for making Masala Vada:
- Wash and soak dal for 3-4 hours.
- Keep 2 tbsp. dal aside, grind the rest, coarsely.
- Mix all other ingredients, including whole dal.
- Add 2-3 tbsp. hot oil to the mixture.
- Heat oil, make pattie shaped rounds with moist palm.
- Let carefully into the hot oil.
- Fry first one side then the other till golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney, tamarind chutney, or ketchup.
- Enjoy your Masala Vada. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top