Medu Vada is the most popular of all vadas. It is a traditional South Indian dish, a popular tea-time snack that can make for some really good crispy munchings.
Ingredients for Medu Vada:
- 1 cup White urad dal
- 1 tsp Crushed black peppercorn
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- Oil for deep frying
Directions for making Medu Vada:
- Wash and soak urad dal for 6 hours.
- Grind into a fine paste.
- Add salt, asafetida, curry leaves, cumin seeds and crushed peppercorns to the batter and mix well.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai.
- Wet your palms and take batter into the palms. Shape into a ball and make a hole with the thumb in the center like a doughnut. This is now called a vada.
- Deep fry the vadas in medium hot oil until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with Sambhar and Coconut chutney.
- Enjoy your Medu Vada. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top