Ingredients for Onion Cakes:
- 2 cups plain flour or self-raising flour
- 6 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Oil for frying
Directions for making Onion Cakes:
- Marinate spring onions with sesame oil, white pepper and salt. Keep aside.
- Knead flour with hot water. After a few minutes add enough cold water and knead well. Keep aside for an hour.
- Divide dough into 4 to 6 portions.
- Roll out each portion into very thin circles.
- Sprinkle spring onions evenly on each circle to cover the whole area.
- Roll over and then take one end and roll in like a pinwheel.
- Flatten slightly and deep fry or shallow fry until golden brown.
- Enjoy your Onion Cakes. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top