Poha is a convenience food originates in Western India.
Ingredients for Poha:
- 1 cup beaten rice (poha)
- 1/4 cup crushed groundnuts
- 1/4 cup grated or scraped coconut
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 stalk curryleaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 5-6 green chillies
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 small potato chopped
- 1/2 tsp each cumin & mustard seeds.
Directions for making Poha:
- Wash poha till clean. Drain water sprinkle a handful of clear water and keep aside.
- After 15 minutes loosen the poha gently, and break lumps with fingers.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat oil, add seeds and then potatoes. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, chillies and curry leaves. Stir and fry onions till tender. Take off fire.
- Add poha and all other ingredients. Save some coconut and coriander leaves for garnishing. Mix very well.
- Adjust salt and lime as per taste.
- Return to low flame till hot. Stir gently every now and then.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with coriander and coconut. Serve hot with freshly brewed coffee.
- Enjoy your Poha. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top