Bonda is a typical South Indian snack.
Ingredients for Potato Bhonda:
- 6 Potatoes
- 1 cup Channa flour (besan)
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 6 Green chilles
- a small piece of Ginger, grated
- a few Curry leaves
- a small bunch of Cilantro, washed and finely chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad dhall
- 1/2 tsp Channa dhall
- 1/2 cup Cashew, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cooking Oil for frying
Directions for making Potato Bhonda:
- Boil potatoes with turmeric, and salt.
- Peel skin and mash the potatoes and keep them aside.
- Fry in little oil, mustard, uraddhall, channa dhall, cashew, green chilles, curry leaves and ginger. Mix this well with the mashed potatoes, and add fresh lemon juice.
- Roll small balls and keep them aside.
- Make a batter with channa flour and little salt.
- Coat the balls in this batter, and deep fry in oil.
- Enjoy your Potato Bhonda. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top