Ingredients for Potatoes in Vermicelli Basket:
- 500 gm potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 200 gms green peas, parboiled
- 1 cup vermicelli, crushed
- 1 cup vermicelli, fried
- 50 gm lettuce
- 250 gm green peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
- Vegetable fat for frying
- 100 gm bread crumbs
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
Directions for making Potatoes in Vermicelli Basket:
- Braise onions and green peppers in oil until tender.
- Add peas, spices and salt to taste.
- Add bread crumbs and salt to the potato mixture, mix well and divide mixture into equal portions and shape into balls.
- Flour your hands and work each piece into oval shape and stuff with peas mixture.
- Roll each potato-roll in vermicelli.
- Heat vegetable fat in a large pan and deep fry potato-rolls.
- Cut rolls lengthwise in halves.
- Set fried vermicelli on a deep platter to resemble a basket.
- Place fried potato rolls. Decorate with lettuce leaves and serve.
- Enjoy your Potatoes in Vermicelli Basket. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top