Samosa is the king of all Indian snacks favored as a tea-time snack.
Making time: 45 minutes
Makes: 20 pieces (approx.)
Ingredients for Samosa:
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp. warm oil
- water to knead dough
- 2 potatoes large boiled, peeled, mashed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillies crushed
- 1/2 tsp. ginger crushed
- 1/2 tsp. garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice extracted
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds cru shed
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil to deep fry
Directions for making Samosa:
- Make well in the flour.
- Add oil, salt and little water. Mix well till crumbly.
- Add more water little by little, kneading into soft pliable dough.
- Cover with moist cloth, keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Beat dough on worksurface and knead again. Re-cover.
- Heat 3 tbsp. oil, add ginger, green chilli, garlic, coriander seeds.
- Stir fry for a minute, add onion, saute till light brown.
- Add coriander, lemon, turmeric, salt, red chilli, garam masala.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes, add potatoes. Stir further 2 minutes. Cool. Keep aside.
- Make a thin 5" diam. round with some dough.
- Cut into two halves. Run a moist finger along diameter.
- Join and press together to make a cone.
- Place a tbsp. of filling in the cone and seal third side as above.
- Make five to six. Put in hot oil, deep fry on low to medium till light brown.
- Do not fry on high, or the samosas will turn out oily and soggy.
- Drain on rack or kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with green and tamarind chutneys, or tomato sauce.
- Enjoy your Samosa. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top