Simple Potato Cake (Curried Puffed Rice) is a hard-to-resist street food fare and a delicacy loved by everyone.
Making time: 15 minutes (excl chutney making time)
makes: 3 servings
Ingredients for Simple Potato Cake:
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 capsicum
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1red chilli crushed
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
Directions for making Simple Potato Cake:
- The potatoes will turn out best if boiled and refrigerated overnight before using.
- Do not peel potatoes. Slice into thin rounds or grate coarsely.
- Deseed capsicum and slice into thin rounds
- Heat a thick nonstick pan about 5" diameter.
- Meanwhile mix cheese, milk, crumbs, flour and chilli.
- If mixture feels thin, add some more bread crumbs.
- Add salt to taste. Apply 1 tsp. on bottom of pan.
- Arrange potatoes to cover the pan. Top with capsicum.
- Pour the mixture all over evenly. Level to cover all the potatoes.
- Sprinkle fresh ground pepper, salt and simmer on low till bottom is golden brown.
- Flip over very carefully with a wide sharp spatula, and roast the other side.
- Let in the remaining butter around the edges to seep down.
- Let other side become golden brown too.
- Flip on serving plate and make sections with a knife.
- Serve hot and crisp.
- Enjoy your Simple Potato Cake. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Variation: Bake the same if desired, instead if roasting.
Making time: 40 minutes
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top