Spicy Sev is made from gram or lentil flour and is like spicy and crispy deep-fried spaghetti.
Making time: 15-20 minutes
Makes: 250 grams approx
Ingredients for Spicy Sev:
- 2 cups gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp. ajwain (omam) seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. oil
- salt to taste
- 2-3 pinches asafoetida
- water to make dough
- oil to deep fry
Directions for making Spicy Sev:
- Mix the chilli, oil, salt and seeds into the flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough which is quite gooey.
- It should not be pliable but sticky.
- Grease the inside of a Sev-press, fill with the dough.
- Press into hot oil, and fry lightly on both sides.
- Drain well and cool before storing.
- Enjoy your Spicy Sev. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
You may adjust the chillies as per taste.
You may omit chillies to make bland sev.
You may add finely crushed dried herbs (eg. mint) for add flavour.
Note: A sevpress is similar to a vermicelli press, but it should be small enough to handle over hot oil.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top