Ingredients for Tamarind Uppma:
- 2 cups Cream of rice
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste
- 1/4 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Urad dhall
- 1 tsp Channa dhall
- 1/2 tsp Methi
- a small pinch Hing
- 6 Red chillies
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Curry leaves
- 4 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
Directions for making Tamarind Uppma:
- Dry roast methi, and grind it into a powder and keep it aside.
- Fry mustard, urad dhall, channa dhall, hing, red chillies, and curry leaves in oil.
- Add 6 cups of water to the above and let it cook for sometime, and now add turmeric, salt and tamarind paste, and let it cook for sometime.
- Now add cream of rice and keep stiring until cream of rice gets cooked.
- Finally add the ground methi powder.
- Enjoy your Tamarind Uppma. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top