Thattai is crispy South Indian snack that is easy to prepare and will be enjoyed by everyone, perfect to be served with a cup of tea.
Directions for making Thattai:
- Soak 4 tsp of gram dal for one hour.
- Slightly dry roast 500 g of rice flour.
- Add 1 cup grated coconut, 2 tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp ghee, 1/2 tsp asafoetida, 1 tsp salt, 4 tsp sesame seeds, to the rice flour and mix well.
- Add the soaked dal and minimum water to this and make into a thick paste.
- Take a ball of this paste and pat it on a plastic sheet of paper. Make it thin.
- Deep fry these in boiling oil. Turn over until it is fully cooked and crisp.
- Enjoy your Thattai. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top