A favorite snack in India
Making time : 30 mins. (excl. pressure cooking time)
Serve : 4 (2 pavs each)
Ingredients for Vegetable Pie:
- 2 cups plain flour (maida)
- 100 gms. chilled butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- chilled water
- 2 cups Chopped vegetables of choice (eg. potatoes, peas, beans, carrot, spinach, cauliflower etc, All or any)
- 2 onions
- 1 tomato
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2" piece ginger
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. curry masala (or garam masala)
- 1 tbsp. cream
- 1 tsp. corn flour
- salt to taste
Directions for making Vegetable Pie:
- Sieve together flour and salt.
- Add chilled butter. Mix with fork till mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle chilled water over it.
- Quickly, with light hand mix the dough into a lump. Do not over knead.
- Chill dough for 15 mins. in a plastic bag.
- Roll dough into 4" thick round.
- Place over a greased pie plate.
- Prick with a fork all over.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 12 mins., or till light brown. Keep aside.
- Grate tomato, onion, ginger. Finely chop green chillies.
- Chop and boil other vegetables.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add the grated vegetables and chillies. Cook for 4-5 mins. Stirring occasionally.
- Add all other ingredients except cream. Cook till the water evaporates and curry is thick.
- Sprinkle a little cornflour over the crust.
- Pour and spread the filling in the shell. Pour cream all over.
- Bake for 8-10 mins. in pre-heated oven.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Enjoy your Vegetable Pie. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top