Ingredients for Vegetable Samosas:
- 200 gms flour
- 20 gms vegetable fat
- Salt to taste
- 500 gm potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 100 gm frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 gm dried pomegranate seeds (substitute with juice of half a lemon)
- Oil for frying
Directions for making Vegetable Samosas:
- Fry spices in 2 tbsp of oil for a minute.
- Add peas and stir-fry until tender. Remove from heat.
- Mix all the ingredients of filling and set aside.
- Sieve flour.
- Add salt and fat.
- Knead well to stiff dough with water.
- Divide dough in lime-size balls.
- Roll each portion into thin circles. Cut in halves.
- Shape each half in a cone and seal the edge with flour and water paste.
- Spoon vegetable filling into this cone and seal the open edge.
- Deep fry samosa, a few at a time in very hot oil.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato sauce.
- Enjoy your Vegetable Samosas. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top