The ever popular tomato soup made in a healthier way.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Ingredients for Healthy Tomato Soup:
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes
- ½ teacup yellow moong dal
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cornflour or plain flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teacup warm milk salt and prepper to taste
- fresh cream
- bread croutons
Directions for making Healthy Tomato Soup:
- Boil the tomatoes with the moong dal in 3 to 4 cups of water till cooked.
- Blend in a blender and strain.
- Melt the butter, add the onion and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the strained mixture.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water and pour into the soup. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring ocassionaly.
- Add the sugar, milk, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with cream and bread croutons.
- Enjoy your Healthy Tomato Soup. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Corn Soup with Vegetables, Green Peas Skin Soup, Indian Cream of Tomato Soup recipe , Lentil and Vegetable Broth, Lentil Soup, Mangalore Rasam recipe , Moong Soup With Paneer, Rasam Masala recipe
Go to Top