Ingredients for Indian Carrot Cream Soup:
- 340 gms chopped carrots
- 90 gms boiled rice
- 4 cups water
- 30 gms butter
- 3 tsps cornflour
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
Directions for making Indian Carrot Cream Soup:
- Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with a little milk.
- Boil the rest of the milk and stir in the cornflour paste and cook until it becomes a little thick.
- Cook the chopped carrots and onion in butter on very low fire for five minutes, being careful not to brown the carrots.
- Add the milk stock, boiled rice, salt, pepper, sugar, water and coriander, bring to boil and simmer, with lid on, for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Pass through a sieve, reheat and then remove from the fire and add 30 gms butter.
- Serve hot. (If carrot soup is too thick, mix a little milk with it.)
- Enjoy your Indian Carrot Cream Soup. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Corn Soup with Vegetables, Green Peas Skin Soup, Indian Cream of Tomato Soup recipe , Lentil and Vegetable Broth, Lentil Soup, Mangalore Rasam recipe , Moong Soup With Paneer, Rasam Masala recipe
Go to Top
This recipe was contributed by content editors at ifood.tv. For more Indian recipes, visit ifood.tv.